Share This Article
Scholarship for Public Health at Curtin University in Australia
Curtin University is happy to offer an international Public Health Scholarship for students wishing to conduct epidemiological research at the School of Public Health at Curtin University. The Public Health Scholarship grant is open to individuals who wish to pursue a PhD in public health or related field.
For consideration, students must have earned an honors-level undergraduate degree in a technical subject (such as chemistry or engineering) through laboratory work. They need also have an IELTS overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.5 in each of the four components of speaking, writing, reading, and listening).
Table of Contents
Curtin University – About
Curtin University offers students and researchers cutting-edge educational and research environments that will prepare them to meet today’s challenges and to place a strong emphasis on knowledge as the primary driving force for progress. In recognition of academic achievement, research sponsorship, and student empowerment, Curtin University awards scholarships to students from all backgrounds who show promise in their studies. Both new and continuing Curtin students are eligible to apply for scholarship funding. Scholarships provide more than simply cash support; they can also help you build a stronger resume of achievements.
Curtin University’s mission is to impact minds, lives, and the globe through excellence in teaching and research, as well as through leadership, innovation, and merit. Curtin University is the largest university in Western Australia and is located in Perth. Curtin University has 16 campuses in Australia, as well as campuses in Sydney, Singapore, and East Malaysia, serving over 40,000 scholars.
Public Health Scholarship – Summary
- Deadline of Application: Applications accepted at any time
- Course Level: The award is available for pursuing PhD program in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Study Subject: A three year completely-sponsored PhD scholarship is available for an exceptional applicant to carry out health services research that focuses on health systems, and implementation science at the School of Public Health.
- Awards: The successful applicant will get a stipend of $27,596 per year.
- Number of Awards: 1
- Eligible Applicants: Australian Citizen; New Zealand Citizen as well as Australian Permanent Residents
- The award can be taken in: Australia
Eligibility for Public Health Scholarship
To be eligible for Public Health Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: Australian Citizen; International students; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen and Australian Permanent Residents are qualified to apply for this application program.
- Entrance Requirements: The successful applicant will have:
- A Master’s degree in a pertinent field necessitating the completion of a publicly available thesis or research project to an acceptable standard.
- A Bachelor’s degree with first-class honors or Graduated with a bachelor degree (with first-class or upper second honors) and finished a postgraduate diploma or its equivalent, or accomplished a master degree by coursework, with, in both cases, a course-weighted average of not below 70 per cent in the University, and demonstrated the capacity to undertake significant research
- Furthermore, they should:
- Possess great numeric skills and an interest in quantitative research.
- If possible have experience in research and/or the understanding of statistical packages.
- Preferably have experience in publishing peer-reviewed research.
Benefits of Public Health Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Public Health Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- The prosperous applicant will get an allowance of $27,596 per year.
- The length of the award will be for three years with a maximum possible extension of up to six months (assess on a case by case basis).
SEE ALSO: Fully Funded Vikes International Athlete Awards at University Of Victoria, Canada 2021 Scholarship
How to Apply for Public Health Scholarship
To apply for Public Health Scholarship, applicant should follow the guidelines below:
- Submissions should be made through e-mail. Please email Lynda Bergey (lynda.bergey-at-curtin.edu.au).
- Supporting Documents: Applicant must submit a Curriculum Vitae, academic transcripts, and a short covering letter (no beyond 2 sides A4) that addresses the eligibility criteria. The letter should detail why you are interested in the project, and how your skills, attributes, and experience make you a good applicant for the award.
- Requirements for English Language: IELTS Overall: 6.5, Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening 6.0).
To apply and inquire further about Public Health Scholarship, please visit the Official website.