The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers scholarships to graduate students from countries other than Japan to study during the 2021 academic year.
Application deadline: October 31, 2020
Eligible Countries: International
To take in (country): Japan
Type: Doctorate (PhD), Master
Eligibility: To be considered for the scholarship, a student must meet all requirements.
1. The student should not hold Japanese citizenship.
2. The student must be enrolled as of April 2021 or currently applying for the academic year as of April 2021 at a graduate school in Japan. Those who are already enrolled and who are not yet registered (including individuals who are currently employed at the time of applying for the program) are eligible to apply for this scholarship if they are to register in April 2021. Those who will enter
Graduate schools must apply in the fall of 2021 to the 2021 program that begins accepting applications from April 1 to April 30, 2021 (scheduled).
3. In principle, students enrolled in a professional graduate school do not apply, however, those who can submit a research plan can apply for this scholarship program.
4. To be eligible, a student applying for the doctoral program must begin the doctoral course at the age of 35. A student applying to the master’s program must begin the master’s course at the age of thirty.
5. The student should be able to assure the committee that he will be able to get a job in his home country after graduating from the higher school. This does not require him to obtain a guaranteed job or return to their home country upon graduation from university, but it is expected that they will have a strong will to work in their home country in the future.
6. The student must have a deep knowledge of international friendship and goodwill, and he must be able to attend events organized by the institution and be part of the network as a member of the alumni.
7. The student should be able to conduct daily conversation in Japanese. The interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (without exception)
Number of awards: 5 students
Program Duration and Value: The scholarship period is determined according to the shortest period of time
Required to complete the required score.
(1) 200,000 yen per month for one or two years
(2) 180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) 150,000 yen per month for 4 or 5 years
Travel expenses to attend an international conference, etc. The scholarship will be provided.
How to Apply: Prepare all the documents listed below.
Enter “web application system” and fill in all necessary information, upload required documents (1 ~ 4) as PDF file.
“Web Application System” → https://entry.hisf.or.jp (This system is available as of September 1, 2020)
Upon completion of the registration procedures, the application number will be issued.
The approved student application numbers are published on our website. Therefore we recommend that you carefully preserve the number you received.
It is important to review all application requirements on the award website (see link below) before applying.