Share This Article
Sanctuary Scholarship applications are being accepted for degree programs beginning in the 2021/22 academic year at the University of Greenwich in the United Kingdom.
In order to assist admission holders who are seeking asylum in the United Kingdom or who have refugee status in the United Kingdom but are not eligible for financial assistance, they will give two Sanctuary Scholarship awards (undergraduate or postgraduate) per year.
Table of Contents
About University of Greenwich
A state-owned institution in London and Kent, the University of Greenwich is one of the most prestigious in the world. Thames Polytechnic and Woolwich Polytechnic have been the names of the institution in previous years.
In addition to its Avery Hill Campus, which is located in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, the institution has a principal campus at the Old Royal Naval College. Additionally, Greenwich University maintains a satellite campus in the town of Medway, Kent, which is part of a shared campus with the University of Kent. Business, architecture, mathematics, computing, education, humanities, engineering, natural sciences, marine studies, pharmacy, and social sciences are some of the courses offered at the school, among others. In addition to two Nobel laureates, Greenwich’s previous students include The Queen’s Anniversary Prize was awarded to the school in 2019 for its research into pest management and control in order to combat human and animal diseases in the United Kingdom and around the world. The Teaching Excellence Framework, developed by the government of the United Kingdom, awarded it a Silver rating..
Health, science, education, engineering, computing, and social policy are among the areas in which Greenwich research seeks to make a difference and improve. It seeks to collaborate with foreign agencies, government departments, and multinational corporations (such as GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer) from more than 50 countries on its research projects. Employment relations, landscape architecture, natural resources, fire safety, education, social network analysis, training, educational leadership, and public services are all areas where research and consulting are important.
Worth of Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich
For 2021/22, they will award two scholarships (undergraduate or graduate) to admission offer holders who are looking for asylum or have refugee status in the United Kingdom and are not qualified for financial assistance.
Successful scholars will receive:
- Annual tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance allowance of £5,000, paid in three parts
- Yearly housing fee waiver for Avery Hill Campus.
Once you are granted a status that enables you to access student finance (tuition fee loans, etc.), you no longer obtain the scholarship award in later academic years.
Eligibility for Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich
Candidates are required to meet all of the eligibility conditions specified below to apply.
- You have been granted a full-time place on an undergraduate or graduate taught program at the University of Greenwich getting in at year 0 or 1, starting September 2021.
- You will be schooling at one of their three campuses: Greenwich, Avery Hill or Medway (not including Medway School of Pharmacy).
- If schooling with a Partner College, the tuition fee has to be paid straight to the University of Greenwich.
- You are not able to get Student Finance (Tuition and Maintenance Loans) due to your present immigration status.
- You do not prior to now hold a qualification that is equal to or greater than the program you are applying for.
- You are resident in the UK.
You have to also be able to submit documentary proof to verify your circumstances.
To be qualified for the Sanctuary Scholarship award, you have to hold one of the following immigration statuses prior to when you apply to study at the University of Greenwich:
- UK asylum seeker
- UK discretionary leave to remain (obtained after an asylum application)
- UK limited leave to remain (obtained after an asylum application)
- Humanitarian protection (obtained after an asylum application).
You will also be qualified if you are a dependant of an individual with one of these immigration statuses.
How to Apply for Sanctuary Scholarship at University of Greenwich
- The closing date for applications is Wednesday, Dec 30, 2021.